e107

Sourceforge SVN tree out of order

28 Jan 2011 : 07:21AM
 None    e107

welcome.png

As some of you might have noticed, the sourceforge-provided SVN browser has not worked for the past 24 hours.

As some of you might have noticed, the sourceforge-provided SVN browser has not worked for the past 24 hours.

The error you are seeing is related to the services downtime that is detailed here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/sourceforge/2011/01/27/service-downtime/

This will be fixed once the downtime is over. You can monitor the following for updates:

Site Status: http://sourceforge.net/sitestatus
@sfnet_ops on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sfnet_ops

UPDATE: Since 07-Feb-2011 the ViewVC for SVN has been restored.

Calling All Translators!

11 Sep 2010 : 11:06AM
 None    e107

kmessedwords.png

Have you been translating e107 in an official sense or just for your own personal use?

Have you been translating e107 in an official sense or just for your own personal use?
Perhaps you also have a community language site?
Or maybe you have never tried, but you would like to see e107 in your language?

If so, then we want to hear from you!

We're asking everyone who translates to fill in this form.
Part of the purpose of this is to:
1) bring together people who are translating the same language. (avoiding duplication of work)
2) make your language-pack (and community site if you have one) e107 certified - listing you on our website.
3) increase communication between developers and translators.

Thank you ! We look forward to hearing from you!


More Access Denied details

28 Aug 2010 : 04:47AM
 None    e107

welcome.png

I would like to give you some more details and hopefully speed up the 'next stable release' process.

I would like to give you some more details and hopefully speed up the 'next stable release' process.

After the release of 0.7.24 rc1 I'm overloaded with false positives due to a missed point of the upgrade instructions (see previous news). This slows down the process of discovering of not covered yet (if any) issues related with the latest e-token security protection.

The case is simple, we are able to stop those false positives with one line of code. However, this will solve our (core developer and support team) problems only. I'll give you some extra info which should help you identify us as 'good guys' smile

During e-token test, I found very bad issue - it was there forever. In few simple words, if you use default e107.htaccess (renamed to .htaccess) your site will do something like 10 to 20 extra sql queries (depending on your site configuration) plus of course additional php parsing processor job of your server per missing image/css/javascript file reference.
A simple calculation says: if your average site sql requests count is 20, you have 4 missing images, you end up with 100 sql queries per page (instead 20). You should understand now the issue is really bad.

Most of "Access denied" issues were side effect of the above. It's really easy for me to 'mask' the problem as solved, but I hope you understand now why I don't want to do this.
We didn't invented upgrade instructions to 'keep you' busy, so please follow them, give us maximum information so that we'll be able to reproduce your problems, fix them and go forth. A whole 0.8 branch is waiting for us for the final work.

I wish to use the moment and add big THANKS to all community members who helped us fighting the latest issues.