Bread and Butter core support

e107 CMS » Forums » e107 Code » Plugin / Code Developer Discussion << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Grimmfang
Mar 21 2004, 11:34PM
Registered Member #720
I think e107 is a great program and concept, but I do feel more time needs to be spent getting the basic features working properly, particularly for the corporate client, where this type of software will be most useful and offer the most financial rewards to the developers. I think this is more important than developing more fancy and elaborate features.

I am talking basic bread and butter quality functionality such as;

1. Ability to print out content nicely formatted

2. Ability to search content and other data more effectively. It seems to default to comments in the search. It would be nice if Admin could set this somewhere.

3. Ability to generate static html pages as a backup to the site. Just gives that extra assurance of data redundancy for fault tolerance management.

Other more basic features that bolster the robustness and fault tolerance aspects of the software. Don't get me wrong, I thing its a great product. I just feel the basic elements could get a bit more attention and the rewards would be reaped by the developers.

If these items were covered, I would happily pay for this product. I think these are the type of features that corporate users would seek, as they help with the risk management aspects of providing a web solution. Risk management is held in high regard in the professional corporate world.

Apart from that as said, fantastic product, with huge global market potential !!!

Hey do you think Microsoft is crashing your site ? :/ I understand they have their own Content Management System on the market. Way BIG dollars though. Different market perhaps. But damn some virus goes around setting web browser home pages to MSN so one has to wonder at times.

Hey if u dudes wanna get rich, then u gota tame the bi_ch

8)

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>
Go to top
[user deleted]
Mar 22 2004, 12:40AM
e107 is a free project
Go to top
[user deleted]
Mar 22 2004, 01:19AM
You obviously didn't read his post Pete..

And hes right.. there is more money available if the development is taken towards corporations..

I have a large sum of money ready to go to Jalist right now in fact.. just waiting for my company to give the okay.
Go to top
Grimmfang
Mar 22 2004, 03:37PM
Registered Member #720
Yea sorry Pete I forgot it was free. But I think the dudes who wrote it deserve some sort of reward for their effort. Perhaps the accolades suffice ? But even if they don't want the cash, I think they will get better recognition by improving this aspect as I have discussed. I mean what's the end game?

One can't spend ones life writing freeware surely. I mean unless of course you have buckets of cash already. I admit its possibly not about the money for the developer, but well a bit of extra cash don't hurt and well it can help you go onto bigger and better things financed from your own business activity.

And if you are short of a dollar then well here is an opportunity to go to the next level. I think this product has a good technical base from a design perspective upon which to build a solid commercial product, in a niche market at this stage perhaps at the lower end of commercial Content Management Systems, but with the potential to really become a more significant player.

But even if it stays freeware forever, I still think it can be more appreciated by addressing some the issues I have raised.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon Mar 22 2004, 04:40PM ]</span>
Go to top

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF