I start translating e107 to Serbian language and see that Help is very confusing.
This is chatbox help:
What is the Replace Links section for?
You can convert any links entered in your chatbox to other text, or an image. This keeps your chatbox from overflowing with long website addresses. To use an image, tick Replace Links, and in the box below enter <img src='path_to_your_image' alt='' />, now any links entered will be converted to the image you entered.
What's Wordwrap for?
If someone entered a very long word in your chatbox it could disrupt the layout of your site. If you were to enter 40 in the Wordwrap box, any works longer than 40 characters would be wrapped so the column wouldn't be extended. You may have to change this value corresponding to the theme you are using, and the width of the column your chatbox is in.
My site is for all ages yet someone keeps swearing in the chatbox - how can I stop this?
Go to the Preferences screen in your admin section, and find the Protection of minors options. You can add a list of words here that will be replaced by a word or sentence of your choice, for example CENSORED! Now anytime that work is encountered on your site it will be replaced with the text you entered.
So new user do not have idea that this is related to Site Preferences/Text Rendering. Even me that use e107 for few years take a look at Chatbox Settings because I know that feature do not exist there.
These help files are only accesible through the admin interface. Our experience is that hardly anyone actually reads those texts. That's probably why nobody bothered to report it. And that's probably also why nobody volunteered to make improvements.
There is an English language pack for v1.0.2 available; you might use that as your example and/or reference. At the bottom of this forum thread you will find a difference list between all 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 language files.
You can prepare and submit your v1.0.2 language pack (via your Admin area > Language > Language Packs). Please always check the validity of your language pack in the admin area before sending it and do not forget to click the check box to indicate you are an official e107 translator.
We are looking forward adding your language pack to the list soon. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Best regards, Henk Jongedijk / nlstart e107 Translation Team Leader
Difference list between all e107 v1.0.1 and v1.0.2 language files:
- e107_languages\English\admin\lan_administrator.php NEW line 83: //v1.0.2 and v2 NEW line 84: define("ADMSLAN_76", "Manage language-packs");
- e107_languages\English\admin\lan_modcomment.php NEW line 19: define("MDCLAN_7", "approve"); MODIFIED line 30: define("MDCLAN_17", "There are no comments pending approval at this time");
- e107_languages\English\admin\lan_notify.php NEW line 38: define("CM_LAN_1", "Comment Events"); NEW line 39: define("CM_LAN_2", "Comment posted by user which is pending approval");
- e107_languages\English\admin\lan_prefs.php MODIFIED line 182: define('PRFLAN_171', "Turning this option on will allow you to ban users by hostname, rather than just IP or email address. <br />NOTE: This may affect pageload times on some hosts"); NEW line 203: define('PRFLAN_222', 'Moderate Comments made by'); NEW line 204: define('PRFLAN_223', 'Comments will require manual approval by an admin prior to being visible to other users');
- e107_languages\English\admin\lan_users.php NEW line 206: define('USRLAN_190', 'New user probationary period (days)'); NEW line 207: define('USRLAN_191', '(admin can impose restrictions during this period in some areas)'); NEW line 209: define('USRLAN_194', 'Signature may be modified by');
- e107_languages\English\lan_comment.php NEW line 60: define("COMLAN_331", "Pending Approval");
- e107_languages\English\lan_installer.php MODIFIED line 127: define('LANINS_109', 'Initiated');
- e107_languages\English\lan_notify.php NEW line 36: define("NT_LAN_CM_1", "User Comment Pending Approval");
- e107_languages\English\lan_userclass.php NEW line 20: define('UC_LAN_9','New Users'); NEW line 21: define('UC_LAN_10', 'Search Bots');
- e107_plugins\alt_auth\languages\English\lan_alt_auth_conf.php NEW added blank lines at line 1 and 2, no content changes in lan_alt_auth_conf.php
- e107_plugins\alt_auth\languages\English\lan_otherdb_auth.php NEW added blank line at line 1, no content changes in lan_otherdb_auth.php
All product names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. In addition, images, logos, pictures or other material may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Emote images by seb, released under the GPL license. With the kind support of Corllete Lab Studio. Forum Icons by Axialis Team.